Visionary School for the Performing Arts presents Matilda, Jr summer camp at the Visionary Studio (8674 La Mesa Blvd, La Mesa, CA, 91942), directed by Spencer John Powell and Lendia Wylie.
The camp will run June 14th-July 11th. It will run weekdays from 10am until 3:30pm. Performances of the musical will be on Friday-Sunday (July 9th-11th) in the evening.
Audition for specific parts will be held on June 12, 2021.
*PLEASE NOTE: Auditions for the summer camp are NOT mandatory. Auditions are for those that want specific parts in the show. If you register for the summer camp, you will automatically be in the summer camp.
**PLEASE NOTE: If your child’s last day of school overlaps during the first week of summer camp, this will not be a problem. They can jump right in the second week.
The fee for the Summer Camp is $350. Those who register and pay early by May 1st will receive a $50 discount off the fee. All students that register and pay will be part of the production. Auditions are for specific parts in the show. You can reserve your spot with a $100 non-refundable deposit.
Registration and Payment Instructions:
- CLICK HERE to go to our online registration system. You can register online through this link. When you click the “SELECT CLASS” button, scroll down and select “Matilda, Jr Summer Camp”.
- You can submit your payment information on the registration form or you can CLICK HERE FOR PAYMENT to use to PayPal payment page (no PayPal account needed) to pay the fee for the Summer Camp.
- If you are interested in auditioning for a part, please contact us at 619-758-8112 or at info@VisionaryDanceTheatre.org. *Please note that registering online does not automatically reserve an audition slot. You must contact us to set that up.
Reserve your spot in the summer camp and/or auditions before they fill up! If you have any questions, please contact us at 619-758-8112 or at info@VisionaryDanceTheatre.org.
- Please have one song prepared. If you are using pre-recorded music, please have your backing track on a device
- Please have one monologue prepared.
- Dance auditions will be 2pm. You will be shown a dance phrase and you will audition in groups of 4 or 5. We will be looking for performance quality and execution of movement.
- Please wear tight fitting clothes. There will be a lot of isolation movements. Loose clothing makes it hard to read those movements.